Nexus Regional Dialogue in Central Asia
The Central Asia Nexus Dialogue Project: Fostering Water, Energy and Food Security Nexus and Multi-Sector Investment
Inter-sectoral working groups
Established inter-sectoral working groups to raise WEF Nexus awareness and biuld the skills of key stakeholders who will drive the application of the Nexus forward.
40 dialogue events
Increased WEF Nexus understanding in the region through 40 dialogue events.
Small-scale Nexus pilot project
Constructed small-scale Nexus pilot projects in 4 countries.
Integration of WEF Nexus into regional programmes
Integrated the WEF Nexus into major regional programmes, ensuring that Nexus thinking and specific projects are at the forefront of long-term planning in Central Asia.
Published factsheets, studies and recommendations on WEF Nexus in the region.
Nexus project proposals for investment in Phase II
Endorsed Nexus project proposals for investment in Phase II with the support of intersectoral and cross-regional dialogues.
Kicking the Nexus approach into high gear
Building on the successes of the first phase, Phase II of the Central Asia Nexus Dialogue project will focus on the practical application of the Nexus approach.
The main objectives include:
- Joint implementation of national and transboundary demonstration projects based on the WEF Nexus approach.
- Identification of suitable funding mechanisms for such projects.
- Implementation of demonstration projects will facilitate institutional and socio-economic assessments, simulation analysis (cost-benefit or trade off) and technical solutions.
- Strengthening the competence of experts in the practical application of the WEF Nexus approach in planning and investment decisions to ensure sustainable development and enhanced water, energy and food security in Central Asia.
- Further institutionalising the Nexus approach in national and regional governance structures and investment decisions.
Research Article // An integrative analytical framework of…
By Lingang Hao, Ping Wang, Jingjie Yu, Hongwei Ruan. This study proposes a hybrid framework involving TOPSIS, Spearman’s rank correlation and radar…
Research Article // Water, Energy and Carbon Tradeoffs of Groundwater…
By Akmal Kh. Karimov and colleagues. This study results suggest that when carbon emissions become the main factor of environmental and agricultural…
Research Article // Operationalizing water-energy-food nexus research for…
By A. Hamidov and colleagues. The water-energy-food nexus concept was operationalized for five case studies in Central Asia during a one-week…
Project // Nexus Gains: Realizing Multiple Benefits Across Water, Energy,…
This CGIAR initiative aims to realize gains across water, energy, food, forests, and biodiversity systems in Central and West Asia and North Africa…
Нексус в Центральной Азии // ДЕМОНСТРАЦИОННЫЙ ПРОЕКТ НЕКСУС ПРОДОЛЖАЕТ…
Приглашаем вас ознакомиться со статьей Аксулу Кушановой (Специалист по инвестициям в энергетику, РЭЦЦА), где отражен прогресс реализации…