Nexus Regional Dialogue Programme // Training Workshop: "Urban Nexus in the MENA Region"
The Nexus Regional Dialogue in the MENA Region as part of the Nexus Regional Dialogue Programme conduced the training in in collaboration with the MENA Region Initiative as a Model of Nexus Approach and Renewable Energy Technologies (MINARET).
The overall objective of this workshop is to provide training on Urban Nexus. This will be made through a two days hands-on capacity development to:
- Provide basic knowledge and understanding on the Nexus approach, with focus on Urban Nexus, and
- Apply the given knowledge on real case studies form the region. These case studies would be suggested by the participants and developed by the trainer through interactive activities.
Executive level to develop the capacity of audiences from municipalities, public offices, and local communities in Tunisia, Lebanon and Jordan
This training workshop contains 6 training modules as follows:
- Introducing the Urban Nexus
- Policies and framework conditions for resource efficient usage of natural resources
- Innovative engineering solutions for key Nexus sectors
- The Urban Nexus as a guiding tool to comply with global agendas
- Strengthening horizontal and vertical governance structures
- Inclusive and participatory planning including gender
Where and when
14-15 February 2018
- League of Arab States
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit
- Future Pioneers - Empowering Communities
- National Energy Research Center
- European Union
- Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (Germany)
- Royal Scientific Society (Jordan)
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA)