Assessing the Role of Green Infrastructure in Underpinning Urban Nexus for Climate Change Adaptation (WP6 of IFWEN Project, funded by Belmont Forum)
Principal Investigator: Wan-Yu Shih, Associate Professor in Urban Planning and Disaster Management, Ming-Chuan University, Taiwan
This work package will provide a scientific foundation for a systematic and integrated assessment of: 1) Food-Water-Energy related functions within urban green infrastructure, 2) their associations with city’s adaptive capacity, and 3) functional trade-offs due to land use change. Post holder will have opportunities to work with international teams from Fundação Getulio Vargas (Brazil), Yale University (USA), Stockholm Resilience Centre (Sweden), United Nations University- Institute for Integrated Management of Material Fluxes and of Resources (Germany), ICLEI-local government for sustainability (Germany, South Africa), and The Nature of Cities (USA).
For more information on IFWEN, please click here.
Post holder will work closely with project PI on the following tasks:
- Collecting, synthesizing, and pre-processing data for spatial analysis
- Conducting quantitative assessment of ecosystem functioning from urban green infrastructure
- Reporting research outcomes through project deliverables and academic outputs
- Liaison with international partners and preparing project meetings
- Maintaining and updating project website
- Permission to work in Taiwan (this is the responsibility of the candidate)
- Master degree in fields related to urban planning, landscape planning, geography, and environmental planning.
- Good ability in using GIS for spatial statistical analyses
- Understanding of Landscape Ecology, Urban Ecology, Green Infrastructure and/or Ecosystem Services -related knowledge and approaches.
- Good accountability to finish work on time and report progress to PI
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is essential; knowledge of Mandarin is desirable
Experience with one of the following fields
- Urban water/runoff modelling
- Land use change
- Urban land teleconnections
- Green infrastructure assessment
- Spatial statistical analysis
1 August 2019
- Researcher 51,000~ NTD/month. Starting salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Research Assistant 36,050~ NTD/month. Starting salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
Length of position
Appointment will initially be for 1 year (with a 3 month probationary period). Appointment may be extended up to a maximum of 2 years depending on performance.
MCU Taoyuan Campus, Taiwan; with occasional working in Taipei.
To apply, please submit the following documents in one pdf file to: Prof. Wan-Yu Shih via (email@example.com).
- CV and biography
- Degree Certificates and Transcripts
- Digital copy of Master thesis
- Contact details (email/phone) for supervisor who may provide a reference*
(*note supervisor will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted)
Deadline for Application
Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview on a rolling basis, and if required interviews will continue thereafter until the position is filled.