The SWWW 2018 Outcomes series provides access to key resources and highlights the main takeaways from panel sessions at Stockholm Water Week 2018 related to the water-energy-food Nexus.
In what aspects are donor’s strategies reshuffled: How are they aligned to the SDGs (like the rising importance of water resources management or hygiene i.e.)? In what aspects are interlinkages better represented than in the past? And how is the Paris Agreement mainstreamed?
Selected donors are invited to present (aspects) of their strategies, and of their approaches to to avoid trade-offs and create synergies across sectors. BMZ has developed a new instrument, “interlinkages strategies” on developed jointly between sectors and owned by them collectively. The water strategy is to be accompanied by 6 such strategies, e.g. one on “water, environment and climate change".
- Tania Rödiger-Vorwerk, BMZ, Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Eileen Hofstetter, SDC, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
- Mike Muller, University of Witwatersrand
- Katrin Gronemeier, GIZ, Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit
- James M. Peters, USAID, U.S. Agency for International Development
- Antton Keto, Ministry of Environment, Finland
- Ylenia Rosso, EU DEVCO, EU Commission Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development
- Franz Marré, BMZ, Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
#embed id=3735 class=list