This job vacancy was initially published on the GFA consulting groups website.
About the GFA consulting group
Since 1982, GFA has implemented numerous projects and studies in over 130 countries, focusing on topics of global importance. We are dedicated to improving people’s lives around the world and providing professional advisory services to state and non-state actors.
The Water, Sanitation and Waste Management department aims to help the partners in the water and environmental sectors in developing countries become more agile and equipped to respond to today’s challenges. The company does this by implementing projects that use public-private cooperation, systems thinking and data-driven approaches to advance the 2030 development goals.
Water is an enabler and impact-multiplier that has the potential to generate positive spillover effects across SDG agendas, revitalize jobs and ensure global health, rather than a rival for limited resources. This requires innovative ideas, new models of collaboration, fresh approaches to mobilize and channel investment and technology solutions at scale and speed.
Therefore, the company is looking for dynamic, motivated individuals in acquiring and implementing projects that address the systemic gaps and inequities in our global water systems.
Join the team in the Water, Sanitation and Waste Management Department in Hamburg/Germany, with frequent travel to developing countries, as an open-minded and versatile (Junior) Consultant (m/f/d) (part-time/full-time) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
- Leading the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Fully responsible management of projects and studies (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Representation of GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area (e.g. hydraulic engineering, water resources management, environmental engineering, waste management, economics);
- At least 2-3 years (preferably 4-5 years) of relevant experience in the context of the water supply and sanitation sector, water sector reform, capacity development of water sector stakeholders, institutional strengthening, utility management etc., preferably related to development cooperation
- Full proficiency in written and spoken French and English;
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (such as e.g. EuropeAid, EIB, EBRD) and a well-founded understanding of the strategies and programs of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
Further Information and Application
Click here for more information on the job vacancy and the application.