Vacancy // Food-Energy-Water-Systems Research Experience for Undergraduates
Prairie View A&M University and The University of Texas at Austin is calling for undergraduates majoring in Agriculture, Chemical, Civil or Environmental Engineering to apply for the Food-Energy-Water-Systems Research Experience for Undergraduates, taking place summer 2021.
July – August 2021 (4 weeks)
Are you interested in addressing engineering and social justice issues related to food, energy, and water? Are you thinking about going to graduate school?
The University of Texas at Austin is preparing the next generation of leaders to address the complex energy and water challenges for agriculture. Be a part of a prestigious summer FEWS REU exchange and receive training in a collaborative research environment.
- Disruptive technology for resource recovery of energy and water for agricultural practices
- Decision support models for new energy and water resources in agriculture
- Global assessment of policy and technology diffusion
FEWS REU Fellowship Highlights:
- On-campus housing and parking provided
- Meal per diem provided
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities
- Work alongside remarkable researchers to broaden knowledge
- Build professional skills for careers in industry, academia, government/policy, non-profit or building a start-up
2021 Program Eligibility:
- Junior or non-graduated Senior
- Majoring in Agriculture, Chemical, Civil or Environmental Engineering
- At least 18 years of age
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
Apply here on the PVAMU website
Please contact Laura Klopfenstein at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any questions
- Publication // Optimum Turf Grass Irrigation Requirements and Corresponding Water- Energy-CO2 Nexus across Harris County, Texas | Nexus - The Water, Energy & Food Security Resource Platform (water-energy-food.org)
- Nexus Blog // PVAMU’s newest endowed chair to make international wave in water security, water-food-energy nexus research