What WE4F is Searching For
WE4F is looking for mid- to late-stage enterprises, nonprofits with a for-profit program, and other organizations based in South and Southeast Asia, who have innovative water-food, energy-food, and water-energy-food solutions. Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements to participate in this call for innovation.
Women-owned and women-led organizations are encouraged to apply.
WE4F is open to legally incorporated/registered for-profit businesses and nonprofit organizations or academic institutions which are responsible for generating revenue and maintaining a self-sustaining operational budget.
WE4F is open to all relevant organizations/companies which are ready to scale. We encourage applications from small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
Applicants must be legally incorporated in one of 15 countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor Leste, Vietnam.
If expansion into a new country is a key part of an applicant’s business plan, they must already have partners in place in that country to be considered.
Applications responses must be written in English.
Applicants should be open and willing to contribute the matching funds to the overall award, if a grant is awarded. The final amount of matching funds will be determined on a case-by-case basis for each applicant near the time of award.
Applicants’ innovations must have a direct, tangible linkage to water-food, energy-food, or water-energy-food. In addition, innovations must directly or indirectly impact poverty reduction and gender equality, and have a positive impact on the environment and avoid negative environmental effects.
How to Apply
- Review the solicitation document.
- Review the eligibility criteria.
- Create an account on SMApply.
- Watch the step-by-step application video.
- Answer the complete list of application questions. All applications must be submitted via the application portal. Submissions via email or any other medium will not be accepted.
- Applicants can save their progress on the application form by clicking on the “Save & continue editing” icon at the bottom of the application. Please note that the application must be submitted before the deadline.
- All questions marked with * are mandatory, please ensure you fill them before submitting the application.
- The deadline for submission is November 12, 2021 at 5:00 PM GMT+7 (Bangkok time). It is strongly encouraged that you to submit your application as soon as it is ready.
- In case you have any questions about the application or are facing any technical challenges with the application portal, please contact WE4FAsiaBids@tetratech.com.
More information is available on the WE4F website.