By loading the video, data will be sent to YouTube. More information can be found in our data protection policy.
About the webinar series
The broad objective of the IFWEN training programme is to increase local government capabilities to deliver integrated approaches [resources and nature] in their jurisdictions. The specific training outcomes for participants are intended to be:
- Increased Understanding of Food Water Energy Nexus & Green and Blue Infrastructure Systems
- Articulation and sharing of key challenges faced in their cities
- Identification of nexus initiatives or opportunities in their cities using a nexus tool
- Utilisation of a guidance document for the conceptualisation and implementation of nexus initiative
The training will take the following structure, which is detailed in the programme below:
- 19 August - Introduction to Training Course | Why Innovation for, and good governance of, Food-Water-Energy Nexus is Important for Urban Development
- 26 August - How Nexus and Nature Intersect; Understanding Food in the Nexus
- 2 September - Understanding Water & Energy in the Nexus
- 9 September - Government Solutions to Nexus Approaches
- 16 September - Enablers: Financing Integrated Approaches & Ensuring Community Engagement
- 23 September - How does innovation take place for nexus initiatives
- 30 September - Taking forward lessons from IFWEN in your city
You can register here for the Zoom Meeting.