The first edition of the convention was held in 2004. This year, 2012, the eighth edition will take place. The EDC platform will host three main conferences:
- Back To The Future Of Gas, organized by Energy Delta Gas Research (EDGaR)
- Changing Infrastructures
- Energy, Food and Water
On top of these conferences, the EDC includes a number of high level plenary events: keynotes, forum, dinners, networking lunches. A high profile speaker will deliver the concluding plenary speech. Also there will be a number of side events, also with special interest for young energy professionals and students.
The Energy Delta Convention has stated the following goals:
- To create an unique international, interdisciplinary platform on challenges in the field of future energy production, transport and supply.
- To apply the triangle of business, science and government that is key for an effective process of energy transition.
- To cover state of the art energy and sustainability research.
- To demonstrate good examples of energy transition and technology.
- To enhance the visibility of the city Groningen and the Northern Netherlands as a hot spot for energy research and technology.