About the programme
Integrated Urban Services (IUS) is a programme under the United States-Association of Southeast Asian Nations (US-ASEAN) Smart Cities Partnership helping ASEAN cities build resilience in their energy, water, and food systems, funded by the U.S. State Department and led by NREL. The programme demonstrates the socio-economic value and urban benefits of resource recovery and reuse through integrated systems (e.g., water, waste, energy, food) that promote greater efficiency, improve water and energy security, and mitigate public health concerns.
About the event
The IUS programme includes a peer learning component designed to provide ASEAN cities with resources to address the key challenges and gaps that arise when implementing integrated infrastructure projects to improve basic urban service provision. The objectives of this first peer learning event are to:
- Provide ASEAN cities with resources to co-design / implement an integrated urban services project, and
- Provide examples and lessons learned from implemented integrated projects or processes in the ASEAN region for cities to use as a model or reference point
ICLEI experts from GIZ-supported Urban Nexus program will speak about learnings and resources they have developed over their past decade of work in the integrated urban services field. Additionally, city officials with experience implementing Urban Nexus projects will provide a city government perspective to implementing these integrated projects. ASEAN city representatives and project implementers will leave this event with tangible resources and best practices that can be used to kickstart integrated urban service projects in their own cities.
- Emani Kumar - Deputy Secretary-General of ICLEI and Executive Director, ICLEI South Asia
- Wilfredo Prilles Jr - City Planning and Development Office Coordinator, Naga City, Philippines
- Chetan Nandani - Deputy Municipal Commissioner, Rajkot, India
- Jennifer Daw – IUS Program Principal Investigator, NREL
For more information on the webinar and registration, kindly check the event's website here.