February 15, 2021 | 14-15:30 GMT+2
The Water-Energy-Food Nexus Webinar series is organized by FAO, in collaboration with the Stockholm Environment Institute and KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. The series introduces nexus concepts and gives examples of current efforts and best practices in the Near East and North Africa (NENA) region and beyond. Through this series, participants will gain an understanding of the importance of nexus concepts and learn how to identify nexus challenges, as well as find appropriate nexus solutions to achieve sustainability, resilience, and water security. This series is developed under the regional project, "Implementing the 2030 Agenda for Water Efficiency/Productivity and Water Sustainability in NENA countries" (WEPS-NENA) under the FAO led regional Water Scarcity Initiative (WSI). This project is funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA).
Experts will discuss tools and methods to find nexus solutions, providing a framework and examples from Jordan and the Souss Massa region of Morocco. There will be a hands-on activity for participants.
- Francesco Fuso-Nerini, KTH
- Brian Joyce, SEI
- Camilo Ramirez Gomez, KTH
For more information about Project WEPS-NENA:
- Contact: RNE-WEPS-NENA@fao.org
- Water efficiency, productivity and sustainability in the NENA regions (WEPS-NENA) Website
- Water Scarcity Initiative Website
- Webinar // FAO Water-Energy-Food Nexus Webinar Series Session 1 - Understanding the nexus and nexus challenges: Examples from the NENA region
- Webinar // FAO Water-Energy-Food Nexus Webinar Series Session 3 - A Water-Energy-Food Nexus approach for evaluating the sustainability of the Mediterranean Diet: The Case of Lebanon
- Webinar // FAO Water-Energy-Food Nexus Webinar Series Session 4 - The WEF Nexus on the ground: practical applications from the Maghreb and West Africa
- Webinar // FAO Water-Energy-Food Nexus Webinar Series Session 5 - Selected experiences with WEF Nexus decision-making: applications in Jordan and Morocco