Nexus Regional Dialogue in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC)
Coordination of 6 virtual forums and participation in 5 regional events
A methodological guideline for adopting a WEF Nexus approach in LAC was developed, through publications and training videos
A comparative analysis of Nexus case studies was performed, and lessons learnt were developed
Irrigation with solar energy was introduced in several Central American countries, including El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Mexico
Nature based solutions and NEXUS impacts were explored in LAC, including impacts of dams in rivers
Chile: IWRM, Energy policy, Irrigation policy, and Nature based solutions
Bolivia: irrigation plans, IWRM and multipurpose dams
Ecuador: bioenergy and multipurpose dams
Kicking the Nexus approach into high gear
Building on the successes of the first phase, Phase II of the Nexus Dialogue in LAC will focus on the practical application of the Nexus approach.
The main objectives will include:
- Demonstration projects showcasing Nexus benefits and value-added.
- Providing technical assistance at the national level to ensure the viability of Nexus adoption at an institutional level.
- Developing an online training on Nexus in LAC with supporting webinars.
- Organising events including online sub-regional workshops, a high-level Regional Policy Dialogue and donor workshop meetings.
- Using the Methodological Guideline, developed in Phase I, for adopting the Nexus approach in LAC to strengthen national and regional stakeholders’ policy development capacities.
Project // REXUS
New blueprint for climate-resilient, participatory Water-Energy-Food Nexus solutions are being developed by the H2020 REXUS Project. From Nexus…
Publication // The Role of Green Infrastructure in Water, Energy and Food…
By Raúl Muñoz Castillo and Thomas L. Crisman. The current paper reviews green infrastructure approaches to the water, energy and agriculture nexus in…
Publication // Peri-urban territories and WEF nexus: the challenges of…
By Thainara Granero de Melo, Bruno Lacerra de Souza and Rosemeire Aparecida Scopinho. Drawing on the water-energy-food (WEF) nexus’ critical and…
Publication // Water-energy-food security: A Nexus perspective of the…
By Jürgen Mahlknecht, Ramon Gonzalez-Bravo and Frank J. Loge. In this literature and data analysis, the authors examined the baseline and trends of…
Fact Sheet // Nexus Regional Dialogues Programme Phase II
The Nexus Regional Dialogues Programme Phase II (2020-2023), funded by the EU and BMZ, aims to mainstream WEF Nexus approaches through increased…