Free Online Course by Class Central // The Definitive List of Courses for Learning About the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, the United Nations came together to adopt Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, a set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) covering topics such as health, inequality, climate change, and more. With the help of SDG Academy, a free online education platform from the UN’s Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), Class Central has pulled together a giant list of courses that will teach about the SDGs.
About this course
In 2015, the United Nations came together to adopt Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, a set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) covering topics such as health, inequality, climate change, and more. Since their adoption, the SDGs have served as a platform for organizing global, national, local, and individual action.
With the help of SDG Academy, a free online education platform from the UN’s Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), Class Central has pulled together a giant list of courses that will teach you about the SDGs. The SDG Academy alone has produced 20 courses on cross-cutting issues related to the SDGs – such as human rights, resilience, and environmental security. This list also includes courses sourced from various other MOOC platforms, all organized by which goal they address. Overall, SDG Academy helped us to identify more than 100 courses on sustainable development from global universities including Harvard, Oxford, Stanford, and MIT.
Whether you’re interested in poverty reduction, human rights, food security, public health, education, or any other sustainable development topic, these courses will help you join efforts to achieve prosperity for both people and planet.
Topics of this course
- SDG 1: No Poverty - End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- SDG 2: No Hunger- End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- SDG 3: Goods Health and Well-being- Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- SDG 4: Quality Education - Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- SDG 5: Gender Equality - Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- SDG 6: Clean Water and Sanitation - Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- SDG 7: Affordable and Clean Energy - Assure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- SDG 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth - Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure - Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- SDG 10: Reduced Inequalities - Reduce inequality within and among countries
- SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities - Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable
- SDG 12: Responsible Production and Consumption - Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- SDG 13: Climate Action - Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- SDG 14: Life Below Water - Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas, and marine resources for sustainable development
- SDG 15: Life on Land - Protect, restore, and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- SDG 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions - Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable, and inclusive institutions at all levels
- SDG 17: Partnership for the Goals - Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
- Cross-Cutting the SDGs