При загрузке видео данные будут отправлены на YouTube. Более подробную информацию можно найти в нашем политика защиты информации.
Watch the Trailer
About the Film
Water and energy are the two fundamental components of a society, and they are interconnected. Thirst for Power, shot on location across France, California, and Texas, explores the history of civilization’s quest to procure abundant water and energy — from ancient Roman aqueducts in Europe to modern America’s vast hydroelectric infrastructure. The film explores our dependence on water for energy as well as vulnerabilities in our current systems. Changing the way we think about water and energy can secure the long-term sustainability of both precious resources.
Request a Live Screening
Thirst for Power is available for live education and industry screenings. To inquire about a screening license or to schedule a screening for your school or company, please contact the film's team.
Purchase a DVD
Thirst for Power is also available for individual screenings at K-12 schools, community groups, public libraries, businesses, and other institutions. To purchase a DVD or for more information, please visit The Video Project.
Download the Study Guide
Download the free middle-school study guide from Paramount Education.
Meet the Director
Mat Hames is an Emmy winning director, writer and producer, known for his two PBS Independent Lens documentaries What Was Ours (2017) and When I Rise (2010) and for his documentary series for Rooster Teeth, RTDocs. His films have screened at SXSW, HotDocs, and on SundanceTV. When I Rise (2010) was nominated for an IDA Award in the category of Best Music Documentary. Hames co-directed Fighting Goliath, narrated and produced by Robert Redford, which aired nationally on SundanceTV and PBS. His directorial debut was Last Best Hope, a film about the Belgian Resistance and escape lines during WWII, for which he was knighted by Belgian King Albert II. He is a co-founder of Austin, Texas based non-fiction production company Alpheus Media.
- COP26 // Fueling Synergies through the Water-Energy Nexus - honouring Energy Day at the Water Pavilion
- Conference // Cairo Water Week 2021
- Sustainable Resource Use in the Global Water-Food-Energy Nexus // Advances in Process-based Integrated Assessment Modelling
- Project // Promoting Energy-Water Nexus resource efficiency through Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (EERES4WATER)
- Project // Water & Energy For Food (WE4F): A Grand Challenge For Development
- Project // Solar Irrigation for Agricultural Resilience in South Asia (SoLAR-SA)