The sector programme Water Policy – Innovation for Resilience (WaPo-RE) is a supraregional project and advises the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) on shaping German development cooperation in the water sector. It is working on specific topics such as adaptation to climate change, sanitation & hygiene, (transboundary) water management and the Water-Energy-Food security (WEF) Nexus. The EU co-funded “Nexus Regional Dialogues Programme” is part of the WaPo-RE programme and supports the institutionalisation of the WEF Nexus approach in national and regional governance structures, and leverages the interest, awareness and engagement of public and private investors for WEF Nexus projects through workshops and demonstration projects. It also operates the Nexus Resource Platform (www.water-energy-food.org), a global knowledge hub for sharing WEF Nexus resources. The programme is implemented in Latin America with the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, in the Middle East and North Africa with the League of Arab States, and in West Africa with the Niger Basin Authority.
The main responsibilities of the intern will be to support the Nexus-team on implementing the Nexus Regional Dialogues Programme on a range of functions, including
- Assistance with the conceptual development of documents, materials and tools for the five project regions, e.g. for demonstration projects
- Support of international communication activities (including the writing of articles, website content management and social media posts) in English, and possibly in Spanish and French
- Assistance for the development of (online) training materials
- Support to the team by independently researching and writing project documents (German and English) within the framework of BMZ consultancy and the NRD programme
- Support for knowledge management, institutional learning, monitoring and integration of feedback into processes and maintain an overview of the work produced in the three regions
- Preparation of presentation materials and concept papers
- Assisting in the organisation of meetings, workshops and trainings with a focus on digital formats
The Nexus-Team is looking for a highly proactive and well organised person, able to work independently and in a team as well as under pressure
- You should have obtained at least a bachelor’s degree in environmental science, geography, economics, politics, social sciences or any other subject relevant to the topic of the internship
- You have gained knowledge and practical experience in the field of sustainable resource management in at least one of the core topics (water, energy and agriculture)
- Initial experience in the field of development cooperation (internships and/or volunteer work) and experience in communications is an asset
- Very good oral and written communication skills (Spanish and English), confident in writing texts and in preparing topics conceptually for different target groups (general public, decision-makers, etc.)
- Fluent in Spanish and English; knowledge of French and German desirable
- High level of personal initiative
- Your strengths include initiative, teamwork, and good time management
- You have very good organizational skills and are used to working independently and results-oriented
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.634,- (gross).
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Ms Maria Ana Otilia Rodriguez Gomez Cornejo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
15/04/2021 - 15/07/2021
Apply here on the GIZ webpage. Application deadline 09/03/2021