Virtual Training // SPIS Toolbox: Solar Powered Irrigation Systems
GIZ along with its WE4F Partners, the FAO and together with OSTFALIA University of Applied Sciences are pleased to share an one-month e-Learning course on SPIS. This course is for advisors, service provider, researcher or practitioner and is held in Arabic and English.
May 23 - June 19, 2022
About the Event
The Water and Energy for Food (WE4F), and FAO (WEPS-NENA Project) is pleased to announce a guided e-Learning course on Solar Powered Irrigation Systems (www.spis-elearning.eu), in Arabic and English, which will take place between May 23 and June 19, 2022.
Are you an advisor, service provider, researcher or practitioner in the field of agriculture water management and irrigation? And do you want to become an expert in solar-powered irrigation systems? Then apply for the one-month e-Learning course on SPIS!
By completing the e-Learning you will be enabled to provide broad hands-on guidance on Solar Powered Irrigation Systems to end-users, policy makers and financiers. Based on the SPIS Toolbox you will gain knowledge of the components of SPIS and how to design a technically and socio-economically viable system that mitigates risks related to unsustainable use of water resources and enhances the climate resilience of end-users.
- 19 lessons including study material (resource documents, knowledge tests/quizzes and case studies from Kenya and Tunisia);
- Weekly live events (webinars) in which experts will give additional input and participants can discuss directly using video/audio;
- An obligatory test/exam at the end of the course which summarizes the acquired knowledges at the example of selected «real» situations;
- You will also have the chance to directly exchange with other participants via a Forum & Networking Facilities.
All participants will receive an official written certificate from WE4F | FAO if they have:
- Participated at least 80% of the training time;
- Presented the requested «home-works» and written assignments;
- Took part at the final exam, reaching a result of at least 80%.
May 23 - June 19, 2022
The training will take place in both English and Arabic and consist of learning sessions and assignments and is complemented by weekly live classes (Webinars) over the internet.
Online-Application/Registration is possible from Februrary 07 to May 19, 2022 here.
- Please find the original course announcment here.
- For Training updates, please click here.
- For further information, please contact email@example.com.