This 4-day masterclass will explore the WEFE Nexus (the complex interlinkages between Water, Energy, Food and Ecosystems) and its implications for sustainable development including approaches, challenges, and solutions. This highly interactive training will utilize expert presentations, group work, and hands-on activities such as case studies to convey essential information about the WEFE Nexus and its practical applications. The training will also include a technical site visit to the demo-site of the awesome Project (Managing Water, Ecosystems and food across sectors and Scales in the south Mediterranean).
- Overview WEFE Nexus thinking, approaches, and challenges; and the link to climate change and SDGs.
- Review tools and models for WEFE planning and management.
- Develop a WEFE Nexus framework and present a case study.
- Visit a selected demo-site of AWESOME Project (PRIMA).
- Prof. Mike Jacobson - Penn State, USA
- Dr. Bassel Daher - Texas A&M University, USA
- Prof. Ali Rhouma - PRIMA Foundation, Spain
- Dr. Amr Radwan - Egyptian Center for Innovation & Technology Development (ECITD), Egypt
- Dr. Jauad El Kharraz - Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE), Egypt
- Eng. Ghada Amin - German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ), Egypt
- Dr. Fadi Abderradhi - Cairo University, Egypt
- Prof. Ali Karnib - Lebanese University, Lebanon
Date and Location
Date: 3 to 6 July, 2023
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Apply to Attend
This masterclass may be relevant for passionate researchers or post-graduate students who are committed to making a positive impact in this field. Please complete the application form here before May 29, 2023.
For detailed information about the content, goals, partners, and expert speakers involved, please download here the flyer.