The second online training seminar will provide answers to the following questions:
- What are the barriers hampering the adoption of a cross-sectoral perspective for energy management?
- Which public policies (incentives, mechanisms such as taxes or subsidies and, administrative tools) could, and should be promoted in order to remove such barriers?
- What are the economic benefits for stakeholders and companies to adopt a cross-sectoral perspective to ensure energy security in the Arab region/GCC?
- Which issues should be addressed in order to improve energy governance and collaboration among stakeholders and between stakeholders and governments, in order to fully tap into the economic growth potentials of the Arab/GCC region?
- What is required Institutionally, Legislatively, Technically, Economically to implement the WEF Nexus in the Arab/GCC?
The coordination and scientific content of the online training seminars falls under Dr. Jauad El Kharraz, Head of Research MEDRC, Dr. Mustapha Taoumi, Clean Energy Key Expert, EU GCC Clean Energy Techology Network, Ms. Radia Sedaoui, Chief of the Energy Section (ES), Climate Change and Natural Resource Sustainability Cluster (CCNRSC), ESCWA, and Omar Saif, Regional Advisor on Water-Energy-Food Nexus (Gulf Region), Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Abu Dhabi, UAE.