NEXUS Gains Talk 12: Country-Driven Nexus Food and Land Use System Pathways to Achieve Global Goals
June 29, 2023, 18:30–19:30 IST (online)
This NEXUS Gains Talk will focus on the development of long-term pathways for sustainable food and land use systems. The webinar will provide an opportunity to delve into the innovative “scenathon” approach implemented by the Food, Agriculture, Biodiversity, Land Use, and Energy (FABLE) Consortium. During the session, FABLE teams from Colombia, Mexico, and India will provide a preview of their ongoing work in constructing pathways through three scenarios: (a) current trends, (b) national commitments, and (c) global sustainability. The teams will discuss nexus challenges, emphasizing the interconnections between food, water, biodiversity, land, and healthy diets. Moreover, they will demonstrate how the use of the FABLE Calculator can assist in effectively navigating these challenges, while also showcasing how integrated pathways serve as a valuable tool for engaging local stakeholders and informing policies and long-term strategies.
- Dr Fabrice DeClerck, Senior Scientist, Agricultural Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services, Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT, and Science Director, EAT – Welcome and introduction
- Dr Aline Mosnier, Scientific Director, FABLE Consortium – The FABLE Project
- FABLE teams from Colombia, Mexico, and India – Country perspectives
Subscribe to the NEXUS Gains newsletter: http://eepurl.com/h-H82L
- Event // World Water Week, August 2023
- Global FRIEND Water 2023 International Conference // Addressing unsolved problems in hydrology for a water secure world in a changing environment
- Summer Workshop // Transforming water conflict, climate resilience and international water law.