September 21-22, 2021
The greatest challenges facing humanity today – poverty, inequality, hunger, health, climate change– cannot be solved by just one actor or intervention, no matter how large the investment or will.
Our experience of the COVID-19 pandemic has demonstrated the value of collaboration, by combining knowledge and capacity, state, non-state and private actors can match the scale of the challenges we seek to address in humanitarian aid and development. The 5th Industrial Revolution focusing on new technologies from AI to blockchain has fundamentally questioned the way in which we operate. Humanitarian assistance therefore needs to recognise this new reality.
In this new reality, improving engagements across sectors to find innovations and funding is critical as we aim to enable impactful social change. Similarly, there is an increased recognition for the need of business to act sustainably as business cannot survive in a failing world. The willingness to engage in productive problem solving oriented discussions is paramount given the need to acknowledge public pressure for change and increased demands for social responsibility.
- Explore ways in which UN agencies, government and non-governmental organisations can collaborate to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Strengthen the public-private dialogue by highlighting successful partnerships between Governments, U.N. and civil society.
- Supporting companies in making new commitments to create cross-sector solutions for social change.
- Learn and network with the world’s most important humanitarian leaders about topics ranging from climate financing to green supply chains, blockchain and Ed-Tech.
- Find solutions and develop partnerships to engage with the UN SDGs.
- Explore ways how to build forward better in the new definitions of humanitarianism.
Calls For Action
There is public momentum that propels all social actors to action. By creating new collaborations, we can achieve more together in creating solutions which can help us reach the UN SDGs by 2030.
Working together as a global platform committed to addressing the future of the humanitarian sector by redefining humanitarianism, to include preparedness and innovations resulting in a global dialogue that can inspire international actors to move forward to transform hope to action.
All information on registration, including prices, can be found here.
To learn more about partnerships, sponsorships and other forms of participation please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.