The analysis is based on coupling a gridded biophysical systems model with a multi-regional, multi-sectoral dynamic general equilibrium modelling assessment. Numerical insights are provided by investigating a carefully selected set of scenarios that are designed to illustrate the key bottlenecks: one scenario for each resource bottleneck, plus two scenarios that combine all bottlenecks, with and without an overlay of climate change.
- The nexus between land, water and energy
- A framework for assessing the land-water-energy nexus
- Trends that drive the land-water-energy nexus
- Biophysical and economic consequences of the nexus bottlenecks
- An integrated look at the nexus bottlenecks