- Economic activities and development in the water security context requires analyzing the availability of adequate water allocations for the key sectors of human development viz. food, energy, industry, transport, and tourism
- IRWM framework cannot serve the emerging areas of water insecurity.
- Water security has received increased attention over the past decades in both policy and academics communities
- Water security for the protection of adequate water supplies requires maximizing water-use efficiency, developing new supplies, and protecting water reserves
- The water security-economic activity-development nexus also embeds the goals of securing water for people’s livelihood while safeguarding ecosystem services
#embed id=4085 class=list