Report // The Land-Water-Energy Nexus - Biophysical and Economic Consequences
This report contributes to the discussion of interconnections between scarce resources by highlighting the nexus between land, water and energy (the LWE nexus). It focuses on a dynamic, integrated, and disaggregated analysis of how land, water and energy interact in the biophysical and economic systems. The report provides projections for the biophysical and economic consequences of nexus bottlenecks until 2060, highlighting that while the LWE nexus is essentially local, there can be significant large-scale repercussions in vulnerable regions, notably on forest cover and in terms of food and water security.
- The nexus between land, water and energy
- A framework for assessing the land-water-energy nexus
- Trends that drive the land-water-energy nexus
- Biophysical and economic consequences of the nexus bottlenecks
- An integrated look at the nexus bottlenecks