The Project will deliver the following:
- Regional multi-sectoral Nexus dialogue is strengthened with support of the Regional Steering Committee and Technical Working Group established for the transboundary demonstration project;
- One transboundary and three small-scale demonstration projects are implemented to serve as pilot sites to prepare:
- institutional and socio-economic assessments for all demonstration projects;
- simulation analysis (cost-benefit or trade off) for two demonstration projects;
- technical solutions for three demonstration projects.
- Investment-ready proposals for two demonstration projects are developed and submitted to potential investors;
- Analytical and planning tools relevant for supporting Nexus based decisions are tested in Central Asia;
- Capacity of the WEF line ministries and national experts on the application of the Nexus tools for designing investment projects enhanced;
- The vision to institutionalize the Nexus approach in national and regional governance structures and investment decisions is improved.