Nexus of Water-Energy-Food as an Approach to Face Climate Change // Morocco's Intergral Concepts for Climatic Challenges
By Hind Bouhia, Global Nexus. Morocco, home to cereal, olive, and livestock cultivation, is continuously feeling the effect of climate change due to its increasing population and gradual desertification. This policy brief reflects on the importance of including the many sectors of the Water-Energy-Food (WEF) Nexus in climate change mitigation and adaptation. It also highlights Morocco's creative and active approaches to craft solutions to this global challenge.
- Food: the cornerstone of the WEF nexus
- Climate Change and Food Production Volatility in Morocco
- OCP – Towards Intelligent Fertilization
- Water: efficiency has become a priority
- Harvard Pilot Project of Urban Water Conservation
- Energy: harnessing renewable energy technology to mitigate climate change
- Morocco’s Ambitious Plans for Renewable Energy
The OCP Policy Center is a Moroccan think tank whose mission is to promote knowledge sharing and contribute to enhanced thought on economic issues and international relations.