Collaboration in the EU project "Vertical Green 2.0" im Programm Sustainable Urbanisation Global Initiative (SUGI)/Food-Water-Energy Nexus":
- construction and support of a system for monitoring water consumption and biomas production of vertical greening (VG)
- derivation of empirical and process-based models for determination water demand of VG, adaptation of models vor the prediction of water availability at the location and in the city
- deriving models for the prediction of biomas production in dependency of water availability
- proactive cooperation in an interdisciplinary and international project, travelling
- successfully completed university degree (Master, Diplom or equivalent) in the disciplines of urban ecosystem sciences, geoecology, environmetal sciences or environmental engineering science; very good results desired
- a strong knowledge of evaporation and transpiration of plants is required, in particular of calculations and measurements of these parameters
- detailed knowledge in meteorology, climatology, hydrology and soil physics are further required, preferable is knowledge in plant physiology and plant nutrition
- theoretical and practical basic knowledge about modelling and simulation tools is required, preferable is knowledge and experiences with process-based calculation methods for the prediction of the evapotranspiration
- you command at least one programming language and/or have experience with the application of special software for data analysis
- furthermore, good to very good knowledge of German and English is required, both orally and in writing
- preferable is practical experience with the handling of meteorological and soil-physical instruments and lysimeters
- favourable is knowledge about living walls and classical soil-bound facade greenings and their ecosystem services
- ideally you have also basis knowledge in der urban planning and about urban ecological relations, especially in urban hydrology and climatology
- More information can be obtained from Dr. Thomas Nehls or at www.urbangreen.tu-berlin.de.
How To Apply
Please send your written application with the reference number and the usual documents (in particular with letter of motivation, personal data sheet, certificates) preferably E-Mail in a single PDF file to click apply or in writing to
Technische Universität Berlin
Institut für Ökologie
Prof. Dr. Gerd Wessolek
Sekr. BH 8-1
Job interviews are scheduled for 18 December 2018.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities. Please send copies only. Original documents will not be returned.
About TU Berlin
With almost 34 000 students, circa 100 course offerings and 40 Institutes, the historic Technische Universität Berlin is one of Germany’s largest and most internationally renowned technical universities. Located in Germany’s capital city – at the heart of Europe – outstanding achievements in research and teaching, imparting skills to excellent graduates, and a modern service-oriented administration characterize TU Berlin. The range of services offered by our seven Faculties serves to forge a unique link between the natural and technical sciences on the one hand, and the planning, economics and social sciences and humanities on the other. This is indeed a significant achievement for any technical university.