At the Leuphana University Lüneburg - foundation under public law - a position as a research assistant is to be filled at the Faculty of Sustainability at the earliest possible date for 55% of a full-time employment until 30.04.2021.
- Further development of a real laboratory and implementation of real experiments in Lüneburg and the surrounding area
- Comparative analysis of the experimental results in the seven urban laboratories
- Handout for the implementation of urban real laboratories
- Experiments on the topics "Strengthening the connection between local production, local retail and local consumption" and "Designing public spaces in a network of urban ecosystems", both with a focus on the FWE Nexus
- Concrete design of the experiments - based on insights from Zukunftsstadt Lueneburg 2030+ - with local project partners
- Scientific analysis of three aspects:
- Identification of leverage points that enable fundamental structural changes towards sustainable development,
- Capacity building and empowerment of local actors by learning about and contributing to sustainability solutions,
- Transferability and scalability of sustainability solutions into other urban contexts.
- Successfully completed academic studies (Master or equivalent) in sustainability science, environmental sciences, or comparable subjects
- English and German fluently
- Expertise in design for cooperation with practice participants
- Experience in transdisciplinary research
- Good overview of the current state of research on the subject of real laboratories
- Analytical skills, creativity and a keen interest in the topics foreseen as well as the ability to work in a large, multidisciplinary network of research projects.
Additional desirable selection criteria
- Teaching experience in transdisciplinary seminars
- Experience in research in urban areas
If you have any questions about the project or the job, please contact Prof. Dr. med. Henrik von Wehrden or Prof. Dr. med. Daniel Lang.
The Leuphana University Lüneburg promotes the professional equality of women and men and the heterogeneity among its members. Applications from people with severe disabilities are given preference for the same qualifications. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please write a short paragraph per selection criterion and divide the text according to the criteria. Please submit applications in English. Please also submit a letter of motivation, a curriculum vitae (including a list of publications) and copies of relevant certificates and degrees, as well as the names of up to three academic reviewers.
Please send all documents (without photo) preferably digitally (in a related PDF file) or by post by 02.10.
Leuphana University Lüneburg
Personnel Service, Corinna Schmidt
University Avenue 1