Photo by WE4F
Dexis is seeking a full-time Senior Evaluation Specialist to serve as a Team Leader on a USAID mid-term review and final evaluation of the Water and Energy for Food: Grand Challenge for Development. This is a proposal position for the upcoming WE4F Evaluation.
Purpose: A mid-term review and final evaluation will be required for the Water and Energy for Food: Grand Challenge for Development. The mid-term and final performance/pseudo-impact evaluation will provide an overall assessment of WE4F that not only makes transparent the challenges met and results achieved, but also contributes to content-related and systematic learning by answering questions of “how” and “why” the interventions of WE4F were successful or were met with challenges. While pursuing this objective, both the mid-term and final performance/pseudo impact evaluations should be designed, structured, and implemented to assess the WE4F program and its interventions in alignment with OECD-DAC evaluation criteria including: relevance, coherence, effectiveness, efficiency, impact, and sustainability.
The evaluation team will be comprised of individuals experienced with sustainability, efficiency, sourcing of market-based solutions, gender inclusion, climate adaptation and mitigation, benefit to poor people, and the team will share the commitment to not only avoid negative effects on water resources, biodiversity, and other environmentalharms but also strive to have positive impacts on these central areas of the water-energy-food nexus.
It is expected that the mid-term review will review WE4F program operations and supported innovations from January 2021 to October 2021 to validate/invalidate evidence presented by WE4F innovators/the WE4F program. The final evaluation will review awards provided November 2021 to June 2023 to validate/invalidate evidence presented by WE4F innovators/WE4F program as well as how this validated evidence has changed since the conclusion of the mid-term review (October 2021).
Background: The Water and Energy for Food: A Grand Challenge for Development (WE4F) is a multi-donor funding program. The four Founding Partners include: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) ) on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), Sweden through the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (MFA-NL), and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). WE4F is an innovation and acceleration initiative that seeks to build on the efforts and achievements of the Securing Water for Food: Grand Challenge Development (SWFF) and the Powering Agriculture: Energy Grand Challenge for Development (PAEGC). The SWFF and PAEGC projects aimed to source, select, and accelerate innovations that would enable the production of more food with less water or less energy.
The Team Leader will serve as the primary coordinator with USAID/WE4F Secretariat. The Team Leader will provide overall team management and technical guidance to the evaluation. S/he will also act as the point of contact between the WE4F program and the evaluation team and will be responsible for the completion of all deliverables. The work location for this position will from the consultant’s home base with travel to the field for data collection.
The Team Leader will:
- Oversee the design and execution of evaluation activities and deliverables
- Oversee the development of the workplan and evaluation design
- Design data collection instruments
- Manage subject matter experts and local consultants
- Oversee all data collection and any country field work
- Develop presentation disseminating results to wide audience, including high level forums
- Conduct regular briefings with client
- Minimum 15 years of experience in MEL
- MA in social sciences
- Sector expertise on either institutional arrangements or water/ag and/or energy/ag sector marketing in developing countries within regions where WE4F is operational
- Subject matter expertise on gender and Base of the Pyramid inclusion; knowledge regarding sustainable natural resource management including water and biodiversity
- Demonstrated skills in evaluation design, methods, management, and implementation
- Demonstrate familiarity with USAID’s evaluation policies and guidance included in the USAID Automated Directive System (ADS) in Chapter 200 and the OECD/DAC Quality Standards for Development Evaluation (2019)
- Demonstrated experience conducting evaluations within the German public sector on at least one occasion
- Demonstrated experience conducting at least one evaluation of an international cooperation project according to the OECD/DAC criterion
- Demonstrated experience conducting at least one evaluation with USAID
- Experience conducting evaluations in international settings
- Superior quantitative and qualitative skills
- Strong writing and communication skills
- All team members will be required to provide a signed statement attesting to a lack of conflict of interest or describing any existing conflict of interest.
How to apply
Submit your application on Dexis Consulting Group's webpage here
Deadline for applications
Apply by 7 January 2021
This job announcement was originally posted here