As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the Federal Government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development.
- Location: Eschborn, Germany
- Assignment period: 05/01/2019 - 06/30/2020
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 02/22/2019
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and cofinanced by the European Union, GIZ is implementing a project to improve security and climate resilience in fragile contexts through the water, energy and food security nexus. The aim of the project is to find ways to address the problems caused by the interrelated issues of conflict and a lack of resources in fragile contexts and to pinpoint climate-resilient development paths. As part of the project, a method for analysing the connections between resource use, the effects of climate change and conflicts will be developed and tested. Pilot measures will be developed and implemented on site. Activities are planned in the Lake Chad and Niger River basins (Niger, Chad, Mali). Stakeholders from the security sector will be strongly involved.
- Designing and implementing measures for nexus-based conflict resolution approaches such as WEF (water-energy-food), climate change, security and conflict
- Advising partner organisations on nexus-based conflict resolution approaches
- Managing tenders for and steering consulting services
- Writing articles, presentations and publications
- Planning budgets and cash funds
- Managing information and monitoring the results of the project
- Coordinating technical details with donors in the area of water, energy and food security, climate and security/conflict
- University-level degree in a relevant discipline such as resource management or peace and conflict research, with an additional qualification in the area of security/conflict or resource management
- Several years of experience in international cooperation in the area of resource management as well as security and conflict
- Experience of cooperation with multiple stakeholders
- Practical experience of working in fragile contexts
- Strong skills in analysis, design and networking
- Project management experience
- Fluent business German, English and French
- Regional experience in Mali, Niger and Chad would be a definite advantage
You must be prepared to take regular business trips.
Please note that we can only accept and process applications submitted via our online e-recruiting system. After receiving confirmation that your application has been submitted, please check your spam/junk folder regularly, since some providers class the emails sent out by our e-recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to employ more people with a disability. We welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
- Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments: +49 6196 79 3200
- Email: email@example.com
GIZ online e-recruitin portal (German)