Vacancy // Advisor (f/m) NEXUS Water Energy Food (WEF) in Niger
A WEF nexus advisor is wanted for the GIZ programme "Support to the Niger Basin Authority (NBA) and the Water Policy Sector Programme, initiated a partnership with the Niger Basin Authority to implement the Nexus Regional Dialogues. A set of activities will be implemented by GIZ and NBA including endorsed regional and national Nexus policy recommendations and institutional WEF Nexus studies, customized capacity development activities and micro-scale implementation within pioneer countries.
- Planning, implementing, reporting and monitoring all activities within the WEF regional Nexus dialogue with NBA as the main counterpart
- Continuous liaising with NBA and its specialized agencies
- Supporting ABN operational and investment planning by making use of the Nexus perspective
- Interacting with the GIZ Global Nexus Secretariat based in Germany and other regional dialogues
- Networking, attending meetings with strategic regional partners and donor representatives in close coordination with the GIZ regional water programme
- Implementing a regional Nexus assessment with strategic partners
- Developing and conducting Capacity building measures with ABN
- Elaborating small scale WEF nexus application at country level together with ABN
- Master in a relevant sector (Water, Energy or Agriculture / Food, Environment, Spatial Planning)
- Longstanding work experience in collaborating between economic and resource sectors at technical and policy level
- Proven experience in managing complexity in cross sectoral development and creating consensus among different stakeholders
- Result oriented person with capacity to follow-up, report and work independently with a strong team spirit, even at long-distance
- Fluent in French and English, good command of German
- Knowledge of the political challenges in the Niger region is an advantage
Assignment period01.02.2017 - 31.12.2018
Conditions regarding LocationNiamey is suited for families. International schools are on-site. Overall supply and service situation is fine, e. g. fresh local food, international flight connections and household amenities. Climate is hot -semi-arid. Danger of malaria exists during rainy season. Medical service is satisfactory. Several clinical centers are on-site. Travel restrictions and security requirements exist in some areas of Niger.
Our OfferWe create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
Other InformationPlease note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement. To enable us to assess your existing skills and qualifications as part of our internal selection procedure, please complete the questionnaire on your competencies when you apply online. After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers. GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome. If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application.
++49 - (0)6196 - 79 - 2164