James Ochweri @GIZ
About the Position
The goal of WE4F is to support enterprises to scale their innovations that impact the sectors of food, water, and energy in order to increase the sustainability of agricultural food value chains, improve energy and water efficiency, and improve climate resilient agriculture in developing countries and emerging markets.
The Water-Agriculture Nexus Advisor will serve as the senior technical expert in water for agriculture for the WE4F S/SE Asia Regional Innovation Hub. They will ensure technical excellence in program implementation related to water across the region – including business development services to enterprises in the water sector, support innovators to complete technical feasibility activities related to water-ag nexus, support innovators in meeting milestones related to water systems, and enabling environment interventions. They will support program learning at the national and regional level and contribute to knowledge development. The Water-Agriculture Nexus Advisor will also represent the project and share lessons learned at international fora with a broad set of stakeholders. The LOE for this position is expected to be 15 – 20% throughout the life of the project (contingent upon award, through July 2024).
Location: Open to multiple locations in South/SE Asia, but must be able to travel periodically throughout the region
Start Date: Contingent upon approval
• 10 or more years of experience implementing donor-funded projects focused on water in S/SE Asia at a regional level.
• Demonstrated expertise investigating and providing consultative services on technical questions and policy issues related to water for agricultural use and enterprise development.
• Strong understanding of water policy issues and the business enabling environment in S/SE Asia.
• Ability to provide thought leadership and represent the project at international fora with a broad set of stakeholders, including donors, governments, private sector actors, and local communities.
• Experience building the capacity of small and medium enterprises and providing training/mentoring to project staff.
• Experience providing multidisciplinary support to SMEs/innovators (business development, policy, sustainability, and legal compliance and guidance)
• Proficient analytical skills that demonstrate an understanding of current methods and priorities in program monitoring, data collection, and evaluation.
• Master’s degree or higher in a water and/or development-related field, such as engineering, hydrology, water resources management, public administration, or business.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Water-Agriculture Nexus Advisor (Re-advertise)”.
For more information, please visit this website.
The original job posting can be found here.