Job Vacancy // Head of Energy and Water Hub
The International Committee of the Red Cross is looking for a Head of Energy and Water Hub in Nairobi, Kenya, with minimum 5-9 years experience. The application deadline is March 4 2022.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC's Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution's humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The ICRC Energy and Water Knowledge Hub (hereunder referred to as the “Hub”) in Nairobi is established at Strathmore University within the Strathmore Energy Research Centre. It will be a training centre for ICRC engineering staff on water and energy related topics, as well as a place of knowledge exchange, inviting other actors such as the private sector, academics and humanitarian practitioners involved in these topics.
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting all activities related to the establishment, development and operation of the Energy and Water Knowledge Hub in Nairobi. The incoming person will be tasked to coordinate, manage and communicate on all initiatives organised in the Hub.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversees the establishment, development and operation of the Energy and Water Knowledge Hub;
- Acts as focal point throughout the process, anticipating risks and proposing mitigation measures;
- Provides overall project management for all events organized in the Hub and ensures the achievement of their objectives, including development, implementation and monitoring of work plans;
- Is responsible for the logistic and administrative tasks related to the organisation of training and other events in the Hub;
- Liaises and coordinates with external partners in the initiative among universities, private companies and other humanitarian agencies;
- Promotes operation of the Hub internally and externally;
- Promotes parallel initiatives, as webinar and conferences, around new technologies and sustainable use of energy and water and wastewater technologies in humanitarian operations;
- Monitors ongoing developments in the energy and water field to stay informed and to capture opportunities and extend the network in terms of partnerships with the private sector;
- Ensures good coordination with ICRC’s Energy & Water Knowledge Hub in Dubai;
- Acts as WatHab Knowledge Management Relay for Nairobi Delegation and the regional network;
- Contributes to written and oral reporting.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- University Degree in Engineering/Environment/International relations/Business Economics or any other related qualification;
- Minimum 5 years work experience in project management, possibly in humanitarian action;
- Project Management training and certification;
- Networking and relationship management skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Educational management knowledge;
- Communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to anticipate, plan, organize and document his/her work autonomously;
- Reliability, sense of responsibility, patience and perseverance, team spirit;
- Certificate of good conduct.
How to Apply
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 04 March 2022 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
The reference Head of Energy & Water Knowledge Hub must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, ICRC follows the information notice as explained HERE*.