The strategy aims to create more visibility for Dutch knowledge, expertise and innovations in the field of water, energy and food - especially in the connection between them - and to strengthen cooperation between the Netherlands and the Gulf region in this field of expertise.
The position will begin as a part-time position (21 hours/week) and will most likely continue from January 2019 onwards into a full-time position. The ideal candidate will adapt and develop into this fulltime position.
- A coordinating and supporting role in the implementation of the multi-year regional communication strategy, in collaboration with the economic departments of the various embassies and consulates in the Gulf region.
- A coordinating and supporting role in the implementation of the campaign strategy for the Dutch participation in the Dubai EXPO 2020, in collaboration with the project team that is partly located in The Hague and partly in Dubai.
- To increasing the visibility of Dutch knowledge, expertise and innovations in the area of water, energy and food in the Gulf region.
- To initiate, organize and facilitate events, establish contacts with external parties and to develop project plans for this purpose on the instructions of and in close cooperation with the economic departments in the Gulf region.
- Development and coordination of the production of materials (sector reports, trade fairs, events, promotional material, etc.).
- Informing involved parties, monitoring progress and providing regular feedback on activities and status.
- Taking care of the development and the strategic implementation of social media platform and website in cooperation with web and social media editor and the economic departments.
- Creating enthusiasm with employees so that achieved results and regional awareness are guaranteed at the various embassies and consulate.
- Managing the project administration.
The consulate general in Dubai is the workplace for this position from where, when necessary, business trips are made in the Gulf region. The team consists of the part-time communication coordinator until 31 December 2018, the head of the economic department of the consulate general in Dubai, the regional Business Developer and there is close cooperation with the economic departments in the region and the Agriculture Council in Riyadh. In addition, there is close contact with the Communications Department of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Dubai EXPO 2020 project team and the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) in The Hague.
- At least a bachelor’s degree
- Significant experience in project management and communication
- Knowledge of and affinity with marketing and social media
- Competences: creative, communicative, organizing and result-oriented
- Excellent oral and written command of the Dutch and/or English language
- Knowledge of the Arabic language in word and writing is a requirement
- A relevant network of (media) contacts within the Gulf region is an advantage
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is an advantage
- Traveling in the Gulf region is part of the job
- Being able to function independently in a proactive manner, but also capable of providing feedback and requesting advice
- Good social properties, flexible and customer-oriented work attitude
Salary and conditions of employment
It concerns a position on local conditions where the so-called ‘Legal Position Regulations locally employed employees 2005’ of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, apply. Depending on the work experience, the employee is eligible for a gross monthly salary of at least 11,668 AED and a maximum of 17,502 AED based on a 35-hour working week. In addition to the basic salary, various allowances can be awarded, such as an annual allowance for housing costs.
Until December 2018 this position will be fulfilled on a part-time basis, in close cooperation with the current communication coordinator. However, this person will leave the consulate general on 31 December 2018. After that, the position will be continued as a full-time position (subject to approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in The Hague).
Interested applicants can send a letter of application and resume until 31 July to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Ms. Ester van Someren.