- Project title: Assessing the Role of Green Infrastructure in Underpinning Urban Nexus for Climate Change Adaptation
- Principal Investigator: Wan-Yu Shih, Assistant Professor in Urban Planning and Disaster Management, Ming-Chuan University, Taiwan
This work package will provide a scientific foundation for a systematic and integrated assessment of:
- Food-Water-Energy related functions within urban green infrastructure,
- their associations with city’s adaptive capacity, and
- functional trade-offs due to land use change. Post holder will have opportunities to work with international teams from Brazil, Taiwan, USA, Sweden, South Africa, and Germany.
For more information on IFWEN, please visit: http://www.belmontforum.org/projects/understanding-innovative-initiatives-for-governing-food-water-and-energy-nexus-in-cities/
Post holder will work closely with project PI on the following tasks:
- Collecting, synthesizing, and pre-processing data for spatial analysis
- Conducting quantitative assessment of ecosystem functioning from urban green infrastructure
- Reporting research outcomes through project deliverables and academic outputs
- Liaison with international partners and preparing project meetings
- Maintaining and updating project website
- Permission to work in Taiwan (this is the responsibility of the candidate, employer will not provide support with work permit application process)
- Master degree in fields related to urban planning, landscape planning, geography, and environmental planning.
- Good ability in using GIS for spatial statistical analyses
- Understanding of Landscape Ecology, Urban Ecology, Green Infrastructure and/or Ecosystem Services -related knowledge and approaches.
- Experience with one of the following fields:
- Urban water/runoff modelling (e.g. SWMM)
- Land use change
- Urban land teleconnections
- Green infrastructure assessment
- Spatial statistical analysis
- Good accountability to finish work on time and report progress to PI
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is essential; knowledge of Mandarin is desirable
Deadlines, Salary, Application
- Starting date: 1 Oct 2018
- Salary: 36,050~43,570 NTD per month. Starting salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Length of position: appointment will initially be for 1 year (with a 3 month probationary period). Appointment may be extended up to a maximum of 3 years depending on performance.
- Location: MCU Taoyuan Campus, Taiwan; with occasional working on Taipei Campus.
- Application Process: To apply, please submit the following documents in one pdf file to Prof. Wan-Yu Shih via (email@example.com).
- CV and biography
- Degree Certificates and Transcripts
- Digital copy of Master thesis;
- Contact details (email/phone) for supervisor who may provide a reference. (Supervisor will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted)
- Deadline for Application: Full consideration will be given to all applications received by 17 September 2018; thereafter applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview at the end of September, and if required interviews will continue thereafter on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Wan-Yu Shih 石婉瑜, firstname.lastname@example.org