Though not explicitly "nexussed", the call combines the nexus sectors with health and education - a challenging and promising mix.
The 8 startups will receive a financial, technical and business support during the 6-9 months of incubation.
During Incubation you shall have:
- The capacity to develop your functional prototype into a market-ready product within the incubation cycle
- The capacity to develop your initial business model into a fully-fledged one with a business plan
- A social impact in one field of Water, Health, Energy, Food and Education
- A diversified team covering business and technical aspects.
- The team has the capacity to attend the required trainings and has at least two dedicated members to the startup during incubation.
- Seed funding up to EGP150,000
- Business & Technical support worth up to EGP25,000
- Mentorship & coaching
- Accounting, legal & administrative support
- Co-working facility
Areas of Priority
To apply click here using Arabic or English. The winners of this stage will be notified through an-email alongside with the announcement on our website and Facebook page.
GESR is an initiative by Misr El-Kheir Foundation that comes from its responsibility to contribute to a knowledge-based economy, and actively transfer technology from researches and labs to actual products that serve socio-economic challenges in the fields of water, energy, food, health and education.
We aim to establish social business incubators, to serve as innovation centers in Egypt's 28 governorates to achieve Governorate Economic and Social Revival (GESR).
This revival will be a result of creating innovative solutions to governorate’s pains, creating new businesses or establishing a whole new industry through opportunity perception. All of those efforts will be conducted in an entrepreneurial model to maintain its sustainability and growth.