- Type of Contract: Service Contract; The successful candidate will be contracted by GWP-Med’s Host Institute, MIO-ECSDE a civil non-profit society based in Greece
- Duty Station: Home Country
- Shooting period: December 2018– January 2019
- Occupation: Part time engagement
- Application deadline: Monday 14 January 2019, 16h Athens Time
The project ‘’Making Water Cooperation happen in the Mediterranean” aims at making tangible advancements on priority issues of sustainable water resources management, at regional and transboundary levels in the Mediterranean with a focus on the MENA region, as means for enhanced regional cooperation among countries and towards meeting sustainable development objectives and strengthening regional stability and peace. The Project is structured around two Components:
- Component 1: Enhance Transboundary Water Cooperation
- Component 2: Assist Regional Climate Change Policy
The NWSAS related activities are included under Component 1, more specifically, these activities will:
- Facilitate the enhancement of coordinated and integrated management of shared waters in the region and catalyse action at the level of basins/aquifers towards their sustainable management. It will do so by introducing the Water, Energy, Food and Ecosystems Nexus approach, analysing the institutional and legal framework and facilitating the establishment of a new institutional arrangement that will enable the long-term sustainable management of the NWSAS at transboundary level and facilitate dialogue, knowledge exchange and cross-fertilisation among stakeholders.
- Facilitate the sustainable management of the North-West Sahara Aquifer System (NWSAS). It will do so by strengthening the knowledge base with solid technical work and by enhancing the policy process and developing of a long term (20 years) Strategic Shared Vision (SSV) for the management of the NWSAS reflecting the needs and aspirations of stakeholders of different sectors.
The NWSAS sub-component includes an activity for the development of a ‘Nexus Assessment Report’. As part of this activity, GWP-Med will undertake to hire an expert to development & draft selected sections of the “Nexus Assessment Report” related to modernizing and increasing the value and viability of agriculture in close collaboration and coordination with UNECE. The Procurement Regulations of GWP-Med/MIO-ECSDE dated 2012 and the procurement procedure shall apply.
The objective of the assignment is to contribute to the nexus assessment by providing input, review and analysis of land resources and the need to modernize and increase the value and viability of agriculture in the NWSAS basin and riparian countries.
E-mail to Ms. Sarra Touzi (email@example.com) with the indication ‘‘NWSAS- Development & Draft selected sections of the ‘Nexus Assessment Report’ related to modernizing and increasing the value and viability of agriculture” in the subject, attaching the following documents:
- A Cover letter explaining why they are a suitable candidate for the advertised position, describing their experience, qualifications and competencies responding to the position’s needs. Contents should focus on the background and experience relative to the position’s requirements. The cover letter should be 1 page max.
- Their detailed CV, using the model CV form provided in Annex B., including past experience in similar projects and contact details of referees