About the Guide
Paramount Education has published a free middle-school study guide to teach children in an engaging way about the Water-Energy Nexus.
The study guide is available for download here.
Who is Dr. Michael E. Webber?
Dr. Michael E. Webber is an internationally recognized professor, author, and energy
expert. He trains the next generation of energy leaders at the University of Texas at
Austin, where he is the Josey Centennial Professor in Energy Resources and a professor of Mechanical Engineering. He also serves as the Chief Science and Technology Officer at ENGIE, a global energy & infrastructure services company in France. In addition to Thirst for Power: Energy, Water, and Human Survival, he is the author of Power Trip: The Story of Energy which was published in 2019 and is being developed as a 6-part series for PBS.
Behind the Documentary, Matt Hames
Mat Hames is an Emmy winning director, writer and producer. In addition to the
documentary, Thirst for Power, adapted from Dr. Webber’s book, Mat is known for his two PBS Independent Lens documentaries What Was Ours (Amazon Prime Video, 2017) and When I Rise (2010). His films have screened at SXSW, HotDocs, and SundanceTV.
- Free Online Course by Class Central // The Definitive List of Courses for Learning About the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Free Online edX Course // Sustainable Development: The Water-Energy-Food Nexus
- Training Publication // The Urban Nexus Integrating Resources for Sustainable Cities
- Nexus Game // Alberta WaterPortal Society publishes fun and educational online games and videos
- COP26 // Fueling Synergies through the Water-Energy Nexus - honouring Energy Day at the Water Pavilion