The SWWW 2018 Outcomes series provides access to key resources and highlights the main takeaways from panel sessions at Stockholm Water Week 2018 related to the water-energy-food Nexus.
The Nexus approach can help mitigate conflicts in water-stressed regions by providing a base for dialogue and aid in assessing underlying drivers (incl. governance and resource demands) and solutions to ameliorate resource competition thereby reducing political instability and migration.
- Mike Enskat, GIZ
- Martina Klimes, SIWI
- Charles Iceland, WRI
- Julia Dreher, Federal Foreign Office, Germany
- Eben Chonguica, OKACOM
- Gisela Kaiser, City of Cape Town, South Africa
- Benjamin Pohl, adelphi
- Susanne Schmeier, IHE Delft
- Astrid Hillers, GEF
- Water resources management as a response to global security challenges
- Water resources challenges as a global security challenge – Perspectives from the security community