Background and motivation
Because there is rarely enough good quality water and natural resources to meet the needs of everyone, everywhere, managing these vital resources often means managing conflict. Oregon State Univerty’s Summer Workshop in Water & Natural Resources is designed to enhance your understanding and build your skills to tackle the vital environmental challenges of our times.
Our water and natural resource sessions revolve around three interconnected themes:
- natural resources and climate adaptation
- transforming water conflicts
- international environmental and water law
Each highly interactive session is designed to demonstrate an understanding of the complexities of these challenges, and to bolster capacity to address them.
Program Design and target group
Providing these concentrated offerings collectively and onsite, the workshop to promote an atmosphere of commonality and community to help build towards a sustainable, equitable, and peaceful future.
This program is designed for:
- state or federal agencies
- advocacy groups
- development partners or development banks
- professionals and graduate students in any water-related field
Place and date
All sessions will be held on the Oregon State University campus in Corvallis, Oregon, with supplemental online coursework.
Week 1: June 20-23 (8 am-5 pm)
- Session 1: Water Conflict Management and Transformation
- Session 2: Managing Natural Resources for Climate Adaptation
Week 2: June 26-30 (8 am-4 pm)
- Session 3: International Environmental and Water Law
You may select one or two sessions total, as Week 1 sessions are offered concurrently.
Please visit this link to find more information about the sessions and the register form.
- Open Call for Applications // The South and Southeast Asia Regional Innovation Hub is proud to announce the second Call for Innovations
- Call for papers // Sustainability Nexus Forum Journal
- Call for Applications // Nexus Gains launches Water-Energy-Food (Nexus) Training
- Capacity Building Webinar // Water- Energy- Food Nexus