On 19 April 2012, the "South African Water, Energy and Food Forum" ended in the Sandton Convention Centre in South Africa. The two day meeting encompassed the entire triangle of the Nexus: several farmers and agricultural groups, the National Energy Commission and several non-traditional energy stakeholders, several mining companies and many water experts and companies attended, as well as very senior officials from Treasury and Finance. The SA Forum included six plenary sessions with keynote speeches and presentations on:
- What is the Mega Nexus?
- What is the water component of the mega-nexus?
- What is the energy component of the mega-nexus?
- What is the agricultural component of the mega-nexus?
- Making the mega-nexus work: financing key projects and the role of PPP's
- Merging the mega-nexus into a paradigm for a sustainable future