Water and sanitation are human rights and have to be seen as basic services. In order to achieve the SDG targets in relation to safe drinking water supply, significantly higher financial resources as well as innovative financing mechanisms are necessary. Therefore, innovative financing concepts, consistent with BMZ’s water strategy and going beyond the principles of cost recovery through tariffs and subsidies, need to be developed. Simultaneously, attractive, sustainable and affordable business models, meeting the ambition of the SDGs, need to be developed and effectively used.
- Strategic and conceptual development of financing and business models and advisory services for of BMZ’s position in the international context.ß
- Technical advice to BMZ regarding innovative financing approaches in the water sector as a part of basic services
- Developing and maintaining a thematic network on financing issues including relevant actors on international and national levels (donors, UN-organizations, think tanks /scientific institutions, development banks and other implementing development organizations, civil society)
- Conception and implementation of a dialogue process regarding financing in consultation with BMZ
- Development and implementation of inter-institutional and cross-sectoral event and exchange formats.
- Relevant university degree with specialization on financing topics
- Multiple years of working experience in financing- or other relevant sector
- Very good knowledge of the water sector
- Comprehensive knowledge on current topics within (development-) financing and respective national and international structures
- Practical work experience abroad
- Experience in advising and cooperating with ministries in the international political context
- Knowledge of process-management and experience with multi-stakeholder networks
- Excellent analytic and conceptual skills as well as an interdisciplinary way of working and thinking
- Excellent writing skills able to address different target groups
- Business fluent in German and English as well as good knowledge of French or Spanish.
As soon as possible until 30.06.2019
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
Source: GIZ website