The sector programme Water Policy – Innovation for Resilience (WaPo-RE) is a supra-regional project and advises the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) on shaping German development cooperation in the water sector. It is working on specific topics such as adaptation to climate change, sanitation & hygiene, (transboundary) water management and the Water-Energy-Food security (WEF) Nexus.
The EU co-funded “Nexus Regional Dialogues Programme” is part of the WaPo-RE programme and supports the institutionalisation of the WEF Nexus approach in national and regional governance structures, and leverages the interest, awareness and engagement of public and private investors for WEF Nexus projects through workshops and demonstration projects, as well as the Nexus Resource Platform (www.water-energy-food.org). The programme is implemented in Latin America with the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, in the Middle East and North Africa with the League of Arab States, and in West Africa with the Niger Basin Authority.
- Support the implementation of the Nexus Regional Dialogues Programme, especially concerning the MENA and Latin America and Caribbean region
- Support with the conceptualisation, preparation and documentation of (virtual) events and workshops
- Assistance with the conceptual development of reports, training materials and tools for the implementation in the project regions
- Support the team by independently researching about various topics within the WEF Nexus topic field (English and German)
- Support for knowledge management, institutional learning and integration of feedback into processes and maintain an overview of the work produced in the three regions
- Preparation of presentation materials
- Assisting in the organisation of meetings, workshops, trainings and sensitisation sessions with a focus on digital formats.
- You should have obtained at least a bachelor’s degree in environmental science, geography, politics, social sciences, or any other subject relevant to the topic of the internship
- You have gained knowledge and practical experience in the field of sustainable resource management and policy, possibly in one of the core topics (water, energy and agriculture)
- You have a creative mindset;Ideally, you have initial experience in the field of development cooperation (internships and/or volunteer work)
- You are fluent in English and Spanish or French, knowledge of German is desirable
- You have very good organisational skills and are used to working independently and results-oriented.
Please apply via the GIZ online platform, accessible here.
Application deadline is December 13, 2022.
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €2.064,- (gross).
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.