Credit: Quang Nguyen Vinh at Pexel
Alinea is a global international development consultancy. They provide technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. They work with governments, investors, companies and communities to deliver lasting change. Over the past 34 years, they have managed more than 515 projects in 88 countries.
Alinea is currently recruiting for the ADB-funded Greater Mekong Subregion Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security Program (SAFSP). The Greater Mekong Subregion Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security Program (SAFSP) will support implementation of the Strategy for Promoting Safe and Environment-Friendly Agro-Based Value Chains in the GMS and Siem Reap Action Plan. The Program is expected to help create enabling conditions and strengthen capacities in three priority areas: (i) climate-smart, inclusive and gender-responsive agri-food value chains; (ii) food safety and quality systems; and (iii) climate-adaptive agriculture in the context of water-food-energy security nexus.
- Help establish an online GMS platform for climate-smart agriculture to discuss options to reduce water, energy, carbon and environmental footprint in agriculture;
- Guide preparation of national level water-food-energy security nexus assessments and identification of priority interventions to address trade-offs related to nexus;
- Train government staff in integrating nexus thinking in the design of projects, and in integrating water-food-energy security nexus in agricultural development plans;
- Develop relevant knowledge products on agricultural adaptation in the context water-food-energy security nexus;
- Conduct studies on adaptive agricultural options that proactively consider water- food-energy security nexus and employ innovative technologies (e.g., solar irrigation, agricultural waste to energy for food processing);
- Assist government staff in preparing at least two funding proposals for agricultural investment projects considering water-food-energy security nexus.
- A master’s degree in natural resources management, environmental economics, environmental science or related disciplines;
- Recent experience working for ADB;
- At least 7 years of relevant experience examining water-food-energy security nexus issues, preferably in the GMS.
Level of Effort: 6 months (over 36 months)
Location: Greater Mekong Subregion
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV (6 page max) to email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line, and state your approximate salary expectations as a monthly rate, USD, inclusive of benefits.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquires please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit the website: www.alineainternational.com.