Session at the 8th World Water Forum in Brazil.
One-third of all food is wasted as it moves from field to fork. Besides the economic costs, wasted food consumes a quarter of all water used by agriculture annually, while putting pressure on land and energy resources. Thus, cutting food waste could get us closer to feeding nine billion people by 2050.
Where and when
Room ST1 (M7)
20 Mar 2018
- Tania Rödiger-Vorwerk (German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, BMZ)
- Antonio Gomes Soares
- Wei Liao
- Yulie Meneses, water for food processing specialist, Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute, University of Nebraska
- Robert B. Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute at the University of Nebraska
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Rosaida Dolce, Safe Food Network