Online Conference // 2nd IWRA Online Conference: Water, Food and Public Health in a Changing World
IWRA’s 2021 Online Conference in collaboration with the FAO, the American University of Beirut, Texas A&M University, and the Canadian Water Resources Association will address the critical inter-linkages between water, food and public health. The conference's main goal is to promote the sharing and exchange of the latest scientific and policy knowledge on the links between Water, Food, and Public health for the sustainable governance, use, and management of these resources globally.
Currently, the whole world has been focused on public health with the COVID-19 pandemic, which has also disrupted farming, production, and shipping, highlighting the fragilities of the interconnected systems we all depend upon. Water is a critical factor in both agriculture and food processing, as well as in nutrition and broader human health issues. This complex nexus of sectors is often treated in silos, from both science and policy perspectives. Examining the inter-linkages between water, food and public health is now more critical than ever, especially as the world changes in response to the stressors of pandemics, climate change, population growth, and urbanization.
IWRA’s Online Conference in collaboration with the FAO will address these challenges and priorities. The conference will be held from June 7th to 9th, 2021, and its main goal is to promote the sharing and exchange of the latest scientific and policy knowledge on the links between Water, Food, and Public health for the sustainable governance, use, and management of these resources globally.
- How can we better manage water for food and public health in a changing world?
- How can agriculture contribute to food security and public health?
- What opportunities lie in the improved cooperation between water, food, and public health sectors?
- What are the synergies or trade-offs between ecosystem health and human health?
- How can science better inform public policy, governance and capacity building for water, food and health?
Read more about the themes and their supporting topics, as well as their links to SDGs, by visiting the conference website here.
Call for Abstracts
Deadline: 19 April 2021
We invite experts from all backgrounds, i.e. academics, water professionals, private sector practitioners and civil society stakeholders, who wish to present their work on the indicated theme and related sub-themes at this online conference, to submit an abstract. Please bear in mind the following:
- Abstracts should clearly describe the research objectives, methods, findings and relevance in a maximum of 400 words, in English (with no graphs, references, or citations)
- Authors must use the official template and cover the abstract sections detailed in the template. Only word documents (.doc and .docx) will be accepted.
- When indicating the theme of your preference for your abstract, choose one and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration will open soon, check the conference webpage for the latest news here