The overall objective of the workshop is to discuss the way forward to apply Urban Nexus in the MENA region at local government level, through reforming governance structure and favorable framework conditions.
The one day workshop aims to:
- Provide basic knowledge and understanding on the Urban Nexus Approach, as an integrated urban planning and management tool to foster resource-efficient and resilient cities.
- Present good practice case studies on applying Urban Nexus in Asian cities. These case studies are from actual projects that include both hard-side options (e.g. wastewater to energy and food to energy) and soft-side options (e.g. inter-sectoral task forces and multi-level dialogue).
- Present an Urban Nexus initiative in the region: MINARET Project. Achievements and prospects of this project will be discussed to derive lessons learnt.
- Define the way forward to apply Urban Nexus in the region, at municipality/governorate level, through discussions engaging relevant stakeholders from the water, energy and urban sectors, with local government at municipalities and governorates, private sector and academia.
Interested persons who are registered for attending the Cairo Water Week may attend the workshop by contacting Ms. Nisreen Lahham:
- Email: Nisreen.email@example.com