The Water-Food-Energy-Ecosystems Nexus Task Force under the Water Convention consists of government representatives (mainly water, energy, agriculture and environment protection authorities), notably from countries that have experience in nexus or integrated assessments; river basin organizations; specialized agencies; international, regional and non-governmental organizations as well as experts/academia. Participation to the Task force is open to the Parties and non-Parties, as well as to participants from the above mentioned groups and the private sector.
The 6th Nexus Task Force meeting will focus on an on-going stocktaking exercise of nexus solutions and investments of transboundary relevance from around the world, in response to a request from the eighth session of the Meeting of the Parties to the Water Convention (Nur-Sultan, 10-12 October 2018). The main aim of the stocktaking exercise is to provide clarity on the benefits and added value of implementing nexus solutions to solve the most typical problems affecting transboundary basins and to support cooperation, and how such solutions could be financed.
The meeting will enable discussion on experiences of applying and operationalizing the nexus approach in different regions of the world, including through regional dialogues and cooperation programs, with a view to draw some lessons learned. Ideas for future activities on the water-food-energy-ecosystems nexus under the Water Convention will also be discussed in the light of emerging findings and opportunities from the stocktaking, regional experiences and expressions of interest from countries and partners. Possible future activities on water allocation will also be a part of the discussion.
The meeting is organised in a hybrid format and virtual participation in all sessions will be possible. Interpretation to English, French, Russian and Spanish will be provided.
22nd of October 10:00 - 12:00
Session 1 - From joint identification of issues to intersectoral solutions
- Item 1: Opening and adoption of the agenda
- Item 2: From nexus assessments to nexus solutions
- Item 3: Synthesis Document on Nexus Solutions and Investments
- Item 4: Regional experiences of designing and implementing nexus solutions
22nd of October 14:00 - 16:00
Session 2 - Financing and investing in nexus solutions
- Item 4: Regional experiences of designing and implementing nexus solutions (continuation from previous session)
- Item 5: Types of nexus investments and mapping financing opportunities
23rd of October 10:00 - 12:00
Session 3 - Promoting nexus approach: key themes and partnerships
- Item 6: Nexus approach to improve natural resource management and to foster cross-sectoral action
23rd of October 14:00 - 16:00
Session 4 - Future nexus activities
- Item 7: Future activities on water-food-energy-ecosystem nexus and water allocation
- Item 8: Other Business
- Item 9: Closing
Please click here.