Networking Event // Innovate 4 Water - Lausanne 2021
"Innovate 4 Water" marketplaces bring together key water nexus stakeholders, such as large and small-scale private and public service providers, youth and women entrepreneurs, impact investors, governmental and non-governmental organizations, UN agencies, incubators, and accelerators, to build dynamic local ecosystems who can channel responsible finance towards job creation in impactful solutions, thus contributing to achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The marketplace in Lausanne will take place in a hybrid format, with a selection of participants at the EPFL (number depending on COVID restrictions in June) and participants joining online on an interactive digital platform.
18 June 2021
About the event
Innovate 4 Water fosters interactions between global and local players from the private sector, the public sector and civil society to shift financing towards innovative and impactful local solutions. It is a matchmaking forum, bringing together entrepreneurs, solution-seekers and investors around the water nexus. The one day event facilitates networking, featuring five minute pitches, coaching sessions and exposure to investors.
With a focus on networking, Innovate 4 Water Lausanne will present local solutions to the Rhone river basin issues, including nature-based solutions, wetlands, protecting biodiversity, innovative technologies, resource management, pollution, and micro-pollutants, strengthening local ecosystems.
The event is organised by Waterpreneurs and InTent, in partnership with CleantechAlps, Cluster Eau Lémanique Evian, WWF, IUCN, Swiss Water Partnership, Ramsar Convention on Wetlands and Solar Impulse Foundation.
- InTent & Waterpreneurs are co-organising the event, bringing thematic expertise and networks to accelerate local solutions for local needs, considering market forces for good.
- CleantechAlps supports and showcases clean technologies in Switzerland.
- Cluster Eau Lémanique Evian promotes solutions and develops the water industry around Lake Geneva.
- WWF sets nature on the path to recovery for the benefit of people and wildlife.
- IUCN helps the world find pragmatic solutions to the most pressing environment and development challenges.
- Swiss Water Partnership, a network of 75+ members from the Swiss academic, civil society, public and private spheres.
- Ramsar Convention on Wetlands focuses on the conservation and wise use of all wetlands.
- Solar Impulse Foundation fast-tracks the implementation of clean and profitable solutions.
Selected delegates will pitch opportunities and operational solutions around the following topics:
- Innovative and impactful water technologies
- Water resource management and protection
- Water stewardship in corporate supply chains
- Waste water treatment
- Spatial planning
- Nature-based solutions - biodiversity
- Role of Swiss stakeholders abroad
- Water in the circular economy
- Sustainable finance for water solutions
- Water and health
Click here to register for the event.
For more information about the event, visit the website of Innovate4Water or follow Waterpreneurs on Facebook and Twitter.
Click here for a promotional video of the event.
- White Paper // Impact Investing for Water - Innovative Finance for Scaling-up “Water, Sanitation and Hygiene” (WASH) Market-based Solutions