How does water scarcity influence the food production? Is it possible for the energy and water sectors to cooperate more efficiently? Are there any existing experiences?
The next 9th of May, the AEWEN team is organising a Water-Energy- Food NEXUS webinar to investigate on the synergy between water, energy and food sectors.
Date: 9th of May, 2023
Time: 10:30- 12:30 (CEST)
- Deepen your knowledge on water-energy-food nexus.
- Meet experts working on WEF nexus.
- Discover projects, programmes and best practices.
The following organisations have already confirmed their speech: Green City Wallonie, Pol.i.tech de Gabès, Politecnico di Milano, IRIDRA, IRIS and programma PRIMA.
The compromises of the Africa Europe Water and Energy Network
The Africa Europe Water and Energy Network (AEWEN) project aims to develop and implement a joint strategy for the internationalisation of SMEs and to create a network of actors in the water and energy sectors between Europe, Morocco, Tunisia and Senegal.
- Cooperate with EU SMEs and African companies to develop a directory and engage them in the AEWEN network.
- Establish partnerships with local structures in Morocco, Tunisia and Senegal
- Identify potential partners and establish partnerships
- Organise online workshops
- Develop a joint action plan
- Organise company missions with B2B meetings
- 4 missions to Morocco, Tunisia and Senegal
- 3 missions in Europe during well-established event
- Organise joint online activities and promotional events
Further Information and registration
- Event // World Water Week, August 2023
- Nexus Regional Dialogue MENA // Water-Energy-Food Nexus Training conducted in Algeria to enhance the capacities of the Mediterranean Environmental Network
- Frexus Project // UN 2023 Water Conference Side Event: Dealing with climate, water and peace: how participatory system analysis supported conflict resolution at local level. Lessons from Niger.
- Nexus Regional Dialogues Programme MENA // Securing municipalities’ climate finance within the WEF-Nexus framework, a MINARET II Regional Meeting.