Webinar // FAO Water-Energy-Food Nexus Webinar Series Session 6 - The WEF Nexus in practice: multi-scalar case studies and a WEF Nexus Index
This webinar series is organized by the FAO in collaboration with the Stockholm Environment Institute and KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. In this webinar, three perspectives (SIM4NEXUS project, WEF-Tools project, WEF Nexus Index) are presented aiming to demonstrate the WEF Nexus in practice.
April 13, 2021 | 13:00–14:30 GMT+2
The Water-Energy-Food Nexus Webinar series is organized by FAO, in collaboration with the Stockholm Environment Institute and KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. The series introduces nexus concepts and gives examples of current efforts and best practices in the Near East and North Africa (NENA) region and beyond. Through this series, participants will gain an understanding of the importance of nexus concepts and learn how to identify nexus challenges, as well as find appropriate nexus solutions to achieve sustainability, resilience, and water security. This series is developed under the regional project, "Implementing the 2030 Agenda for Water Efficiency/Productivity and Water Sustainability in NENA countries" (WEPS-NENA) under the FAO led regional Water Scarcity Initiative (WSI). This project is funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA).
In this webinar, three perspectives are presented aiming to demonstrate the WEF Nexus in practice. The first comes from the recent SIM4NEXUS project (www.sim4nexus.eu), showing the process of complex WEF nexus model development in the EU, including the incorporation of policies, and the development of online WEF nexus serious games. The second, from the ongoing WEF-Tools project (www.wef-tools.un-ihe.org) illustrates ongoing, practically-relevant nexus research for the SADC and MENA regions. The final perspective showcases the development of a globally applicable WEF Nexus Index to track nexus performance in a concise, understandable manner.
- Janez Susnik, IHE Delft
- Sara Masia, IHE Delft
- Gareth Simpson, Jones & Wagener
Register here for Session 6 on Zoom and visit the SEI event page here
For more information about Project WEPS-NENA:
- Contact: RNE-WEPS-NENA@fao.org
- Water efficiency, productivity and sustainability in the NENA regions (WEPS-NENA) Website
- Water Scarcity Initiative Website
- Webinar // FAO Water-Energy-Food Nexus Webinar Series Session 1 - Understanding the nexus and nexus challenges: Examples from the NENA region
- Webinar // FAO Water-Energy-Food Nexus Webinar Series Session 2 - Tools and Methods to find Nexus Solutions: Examples from Morocco and Jordan
- Webinar // FAO Water-Energy-Food Nexus Webinar Series Session 3 - A Water-Energy-Food Nexus approach for evaluating the sustainability of the Mediterranean Diet: The Case of Lebanon
- Webinar // FAO Water-Energy-Food Nexus Webinar Series Session 4 - The WEF Nexus on the ground: practical applications from the Maghreb and West Africa
- Webinar // FAO Water-Energy-Food Nexus Webinar Series Session 5 - Nexus and sustainability in theory and practice: Examples from Iran